Shipping and returns
Delivery and Returns Policy
For orders within the UK the following information applies:
0-2 kg £5.99 insurance cover up to £50
1-2 kg £6.99 insurance cover up to £100
2-10 kg £7.99 insurance cover up to £20
2-10 kg £8.99 insurance cover up to £100
2-10 kg £10.99 insurance cover up to £150
For UK orders over 10 kg – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery is 2-3 working days (sent to you via UPS Couriers on standard orders)
2 attempts to deliver:
Email notification will be sent to you so you may track your parcel
For overseas orders, please email email@example.com
96 Wandsworth Bridge Road
Our policy lasts 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, see clause 8 below.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds:
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
All items purchased in SALE will be refunded with an Online Gift Voucher. This includes all BLACK FRIDAY SALE items.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he / she will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to:
Finer Healthcare, 96 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TF
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
To request our returns form please email info@
Specific Terms & Conditions:
1. In these terms and conditions of sale the expression “The Company” or “Company” means Finer Healthcare / The Finer Group Ltd. And the “Purchaser” means the company, firm or persons to whom the goods are supplied by the Company under this contract.
2. No description of goods by the company in any leaflet, catalogue or other written matter shall constitute a contract of sale of goods by description for the purposes of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
a. Product variations. Due to the handmade nature of goods, items may differ to the images shown on the website and/or on other printed material. The customer understands that different monitors, screens and printers can render colours differently and that these variations are not a fault of the product itself. The customer accepts the potential of this arising. We recommend arranging a viewing of the item by contacting us before purchasing, should potential variations cause issues for you.
b. Due to the nature of acrylic glass and perspex items, there may be visible scratches or superficial marks on the surface. The customer accepts that this may occur. To remove these marks, we recommend the use of perspex cleaner and a cloth.
4. Any reference to weights and dimensions or performances contained in any catalogue, leaflet or other written matter by the company are approximate only and shall not constitute an implied term of this contract.
5. Incorrect pricing and listing information. Our sale of goods agreement is not formed until the goods are dispatched successfully to the customer. Up until dispatch, if an item is under-priced or mispriced as a genuine mistake, the Company reserves the right to cancel an order or offer you the item at the correct price. At this point, you have the option of proceeding at the correct price or cancelling the order.
6. Customers are reminded to satisfy themselves that the goods they are purchasing are suitable before completing an order. No responsibility is placed upon the company for making an incorrect order.
a. The Company shall not be responsible for any consequence of non-delivery or late delivery of goods due to any causes (such as weather, fire, strike, miss-communications, government control or shortages of (materials/labour) and no such non-delivery or late delivery shall entitle the purchaser to rescind this contract. Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common consequences of non-delivery or late delivery. The company accepts no liability or responsibility for loss of earnings or any charges that may be incurred due to non-delivery or late delivery. Delivery dates are always subject to change and therefore we strongly advise that no arrangements are made until you have received the goods and are fully satisfied. The company urges patience from its customers regarding all deliveries, especially during annual and bank holidays and also during the company’s annual stocktaking period, as this may cause an extended delay to our stated delivery times or the agreed delivery time provided by external companies.
b. Ireland, Scotland and offshore isles may also incur an additional delivery surcharge – see charges and terms above. This will be related to the size, weight and type of product that is being shipped. In these instances, we suggest you do the following: Place the order in the normal way. We will then contact you with the additional charge (if any) and apply this to your order. You will then be able to either accept or cancel your order based on these charges.
International shipping will incur an additional charge depending on the size, weight and type of product that you wish to order – see charges above. For international shipping costs, we advise contacting us with details of what you wish to order and your location so that we can provide you with a shipping quote.
Please note that this would be on an uninsured service. Please note while the couriers are usually very good, you may wish to take out further insurance, if only for peace of mind, in case of any loss or damages. Any claims for loss, damage etc, need to be raised directly with the courier. This delivery quote does not cover any additional charges that may be incurred for local duties, customs or clearance.
c. Due to the automatic nature of the carriage calculation system, we reserve the right to contact the customer and alter the carriage cost if the cost is higher than the carriage charged.
a. The Company will not accept any claim relating to the condition or quantity of goods delivered unless formal written notice of any such claim is received by the Company within 48 hours of the delivery date with the exception of items over the value of £100 (see below for more information on orders over £100). Communication must be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. For large items, we recommend inspecting the goods prior to accepting and signing for them from the courier.
c. For goods over the value of £100 we require email notification of any damages within 24 hours of signing for the goods to email@example.com to be eligible for a claim, please include photos of the packaging, any damage, and your order number.
d. It is the customer’s responsibility to thoroughly check delivered goods before any installation is undertaken. Should you become dissatisfied with a product after it has been installed or used, we cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with deinstallation and it becomes the customer’s responsibility to organise the safe return of said item. If you become dissatisfied about an installed product, you must contact the British Ironwork Centre immediately to discuss your concerns before sending any items back to the company. Once approved and agreed upon by the company, the return of your item will follow the same procedure as stated throughout this section.
e. Regardless of whether an item has been delivered damaged, is faulty or incorrect, for all returns, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it is safely and suitably wrapped for courier collection and must also be made available in the same location as the courier delivered it, or at the kerbside of the property. For palleted items, please ensure that you retain all packaging. Should you wish to return an item, it will need to be repackaged as best you can using the pallet supplied. In the event that packaging isn’t retained, you will be incurred the respective cost as quoted to us by the courier. This cost will be reduced from the refundable value of your item. Collections must be available within courier working hours, typically 7 am -7 pm.
f. All courier deliveries are kerbside and arrangements must be made by the customer to move the consignment after delivery, including disposal of any packaging, including pallets, etc.
a. The Company will not in any circumstances accept liability for any consequential loss of profits/earnings or third-party claims or detention or delay or expenses of any kind howsoever caused. This includes any agreements made through external delivery companies, including any miscommunications on delivery or dispatch times. We make NO GUARANTEES on delivery times, these are all estimated.
b. The next day delivery service applies on orders placed before 2 pm. The next day delivery service is available in most mainland areas but is subject to stock and courier availability and demand. When the next day courier service is not available, we will deliver by an alternative carrier and this may take longer. It is not applicable to any item not specified as such on our website. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed. Next day delivery is not always available in the following area/postcode combinations (subject to change and not exhaustive):
Aberdeen: 24, 32, 33, 35, 38, 41, 43, 45, 51, 53, 54, 55, 56
Cumbria: 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 18, 19, 20, 21
Chester: CH3 9
Dundee: 8, 9, 10, 11,
Dumfries & Galloway: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Edinburgh: 34, 36
Falkirk: 8, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Galashiels: 5, 10, 11, 13
Glasgow: 41, 51, 63, 83
Guernsey (All Postcodes)
Inverness (All Postcodes)
Isle of Man (All Postcodes)
Jersey (All Postcodes)
Kilmarnock: KA3, KA18, KA27, KA28
Kirkcaldy: KY9, KY10, KY13
Lancaster: LA21, LA23
Llandudno: LL15 1, LL15 2
Manchester: M4 1, M4 2, M4 3, M4 5, M4 6, M4 7
North East: NE66 5, NE69 7, NE70 7, NE71 6
Northern Ireland (All Postcodes)
Outer Hebrides (All Postcodes)
Paisley (All Postcodes)
Perth (All Postcodes)
Preston: PR3 3
Shetland Islands/Lerwick: ZE1, ZE2, ZE3
Truro: 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Wick (All Postcodes)
10. Whilst any money remains outstanding by the Purchaser to the Company, title to all goods (under any contract) shall remain vested in this company. This Company may recover any goods upon demand and shall resell at our own discretion. The Purchaser shall hold such goods as trustee for this company and any resale of the goods by the purchaser shall not involve the passing of title from this company unless and until the goods have been paid for in full.
11. Whilst we try to source our products from UK workshops and businesses as much as we can, our products do come from multiple origins. This includes both finished and part-finished pieces made or supplied by both local and overseas artists and works.
12. All prices shall be subject to increase in the event of increases in wages or raw materials occasioned by government act or regulation and any other relevant increase occurring before completion of any order. Any offers and discounts are for orders over £10. We reserve the right to remove certain products from offers without notice. Order discounts are up to a maximum value of £250 and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. All discounts are given at the companies discretion.
13. All samples are to be paid for by the purchaser unless agreed prior to despatch, if trading commences on the same items, a credit can be issued.
14. These conditions of sale shall apply to every order passed with the company and no substitution or condition in the Purchaser’s order form or condition of trade or the like which would or might negatively derogate from, conflict with or qualify any of these conditions of sale shall apply to such order unless expressly accepted by the company in writing. Whilst we always go over and beyond to fully satisfy our customers, we cannot offer or participate in compensation claims.
15. An interest charge of 25% will be levied against outstanding invoices or part invoices remaining unpaid.
16. We are not responsible for any costs or damages associated with a product’s use, misuse or incorrect installation, whether the product is faulty or otherwise.
17. Finer Interiors is not responsible for any loss or damages in any form associated with the purchase and/or supply of goods, including goods not being as expected.
18. Any Purchaser (Client) instructing us to despatch goods direct to their customer has to be the Purchaser’s (Client’s) risk.
19. Any delivery note signed in an unclear fashion or undated by the Purchaser (recipient) has to be taken as correct, the Purchaser has a responsibility to sign for material in full, full signature/full printed name and dated.
20. A restocking charge of 50% will be levied if goods are returned without prior agreement with Finer Interiors.
21. Acceptance of an order takes place when the order has been dispatched from The Company.
22. When an order has been placed and accepted, the Purchaser must ensure that someone is available at the given delivery time and address to accept the goods and sign the delivery note. Failure to do this will result in the goods being returned to the Purchaser’s local delivery depot, whereby, a card will be posted through the Purchaser’s door. The Purchaser must follow the directions regarding a subsequent attempt at delivery or may choose to collect from the said depot. If the Purchaser chooses not to respond to these directions, or contact the said depot, the parcel will be returned back to Finer Interiors and the Purchaser will then need to arrange collection at their own cost from Finer Interiors. We advise that no arrangements are made with tradesmen or contractors until the Purchaser has received the goods, they are in their possession and they are fully satisfied.
23. We recommend all items are checked thoroughly upon arrival to ensure everything is accurate and present. This must be done before shipping on to a further destination. Additional packing materials may be required. We cannot take responsibility for items which may have been lost in transit.
24. We reserve the right to adjust and amend designs and raw materials without prior warning.
25. We are not responsible for damages caused by customer elected couriers.
26. We do not recommend proceeding with installation preparation until items have arrived safely and you are completely satisfied.
a. Any GUARANTEE mentioned on the site only applies to products where this is stated. If a product is found to be defective within the timeframe offered (from the date of the order), we will replace that part and deliver it to the customer. The Guarantee ONLY applies to the metal components of the product (not the finish) and only for products ordered after 1 January 2009 when the guarantee came into effect. Products order before this date are not covered by the guarantee and the standard 1-year warranty applies. This does not affect your statuary rights.
b. The Lamp Post 10 Year Guarantee refers to the structural integrity of the post itself, excluding lanterns. It does not include the paintwork and cosmetic finish. As with all metal outdoor items, regular maintenance such as painting should be completed regularly to help preserve the post in line with our recommendations. 10 Year Guarantees only apply to full price lamp posts and do not cover discounted or trade/commercial orders. The guarantee does not cover flood, storm or earthquake damage or damage incurred through incorrect installation or accidental damage.
IMAGE & CONTENT COPYRIGHT
28. Due to significant investment made in photography each year, the right to use any image which belongs to “The Company” is only granted whilst your account is active and may be revoked at “The Company’s” discretion. If your account becomes inactive for a period of over 90 days or overdue the use of any imagery, which is the property and copyright of “The Company”, will be automatically revoked and such images must be removed immediately, regardless of any related inventory you may hold. Use of imagery includes the website, print or any other medium. We recommend, for peace of mind, that the images are deleted from your computer system and any printed literature removed from distribution. All content/copy and product information under any circumstances remain the property of “The Company”.
29. We reserve the right to refuse and close accounts at our discretion.
30. Bespoke, made to order and custom products, whereby the product has been manufactured or ordered to the customer’s specification are non-refundable and non-returnable. We reserve the right to use other works, artists, and sculptors for both parts and finished work. Prototypes are chargeable unless otherwise agreed and must be returned after inspection and approval. Due to differences in production procedure or practicality, finished products may not be identical copies of prototypes or technical drawings. We reserve the right to make adjustments where and when required.
WEBSITE DISCOUNT CODES
31. The company reserves every right to not deliver orders where the discount code has been misused on products it was not originally intended for, we will contact the customer regarding this and request that the outstanding balance is paid before the goods are released for delivery. If a product is already on special offer, other discounts cannot be applied on top of this.
SOCIAL MEDIA DISCOUNT
32. Social media discounts are applicable to the first £250 of any purchase and can only be used once per day, the discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers (ie. free delivery, special prices, other discount codes, etc.), and orders cannot be combined.
Terms of payment shall be strictly net thirty days from the invoice date and shall not be varied except by the partner of the company in writing. Where the products are being resold it is your responsibility to ensure any instructions/care & maintenance advice is provided in full. Any guarantee date applies from the date at which the goods were delivered to you and not re-sold.
Private Customers shall be debited the full amount for goods and delivery at the time of order or within 24 working hours.
We recommend you obtain professional advice when installing stands – also note all stands should be securely screwed to the floor.
We do not recommend proceeding with installation preparation until items have arrived safely and you are completely satisfied.
Our 1-year guarantee only applies to selected products it is stated on. For this to apply it is imperative that our care and maintenance advice is followed fully.
SILVER LINING DISCOUNT
The silver lining discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
In the event that you are not available to take delivery, your item(s) may be left with a neighbour or on your property unless you have specifically told us you do not want your item(s) to be left in this way.
You agree that proof of delivery will constitute one of the following:
A recipient signature if the item is delivered to your address
A recipient signature if the item is delivered to a neighbouring address
A photograph showing the item left on your property
A drop card stating the item has been left with a neighbour or on your property
If you wish to dispute the delivery of your item(s), you must make your complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address:
Finer Healthcare, 96 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TF
Please include the following with your complaint:
Your name, telephone number, and email address
The consignee name and delivery address is given when you placed the order
Your order or invoice number (if known)
A brief description of the reason for the disputed delivery
A signed declaration from the person to whom the parcel was addressed stating that they have not received the item(s)
Free delivery is not available. We reserve the right to change and update these terms and conditions from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current terms and conditions.
NEXT DAY & NEXT DAY DELIVERY
We will make every effort to ensure that your item is dispatched and delivered next day. Occasionally due to circumstances outside of our control i.e. raw material supplies, labour, courier breakdown, etc. The next day delivery may not occur. We cannot take responsibility where this has not been achieved but will make every effort to ensure your item reaches you as quickly as possible. This service only applies to non-bespoke items requiring no specialist work and for delivery addresses within mainland UK excluding Ireland, Northern Ireland, Highlands, and Islands. Orders must be received before 12 pm (noon). We recommend waiting until your item has arrived before arranging tradespersons. Orders that are placed after 12 pm (noon) on a Friday will be dispatched the next working weekday. Orders that are placed on a weekend will not qualify for free next day delivery. Please note: British Ironwork Centre do not operate on bank holidays and seasonal holidays.
Products with a Made to Order lead times will be dispatched on a timely delivery service as soon as the product is ready. All Made to Order lead times both on the website and those received verbally are approximates only. Lead times can and do often vary, especially with larger or more complex pieces. We recommend choosing those items readily available should you be working to a deadline.
Lighting products may require a lead time to produce and will be sent on a fast delivery service as soon as the product is ready.
The ‘Black Friday Extended Returns’ promotion is only valid for items purchased between the 27th of November and the 6th of December 2020. The extended returns period ends on the 15th of January 2021. Any items purchased outside of that bracket will not be eligible for return under our Cancellation & Returns Policy. All returns made through the ‘Black Friday Extended Returns’ promotion still adhere to our Cancellation & Returns Policy. This can be viewed in full here.
Any additional Black Friday discount codes (i.e. through social media promotion) can only be used once per transaction. Only one discount code can be used at a time and all codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other codes, whether online or via telephone order. We reserve the right to withdrawal any discount codes at any time. Black Friday codes will only be valid throughout the Black Friday promotion dates, 27th of November – 6th December 2020.
Due to the additional discounts added to our ‘Black Friday Mega Bundles’, we can only accept full returns of the bundles, and will not be able to accept part returns. Any damages or issues must be reported within 48hrs, as stated in our Cancellation & Refund Policy. In order to rectify any issues, we will follow our Cancellation & Refund Policy as we normally would with any other damaged or incorrectly received item (i.e. a full exchange, part-exchange, or full refund). ‘Black Friday Mega Bundles’ are available while stocks last.
‘Black Friday Sale’ offer price guarantee. If you purchase an item at our early ‘Black Friday Sale’ price and the price drops again over our Black Friday promotional week (27th November – 6th December 2020), we will happily refund you the difference. This guarantee only applies to items already purchased at a sale price and refunds will only be issued to customers who notify us of a price drop during the Black Friday promotional week. If you notify us of a price drop after the 6th of December 2020, we reserve the right to no longer accept or issue any price guarantee refunds.
CHRISTMAS DELIVERY & EXTENDED RETURNS
We will endeavour to dispatch all goods ordered before our annual Christmas shut down on the 21st of December 2020. For made/prepared to order items, please allow an extended 2-week lead time due to the works Christmas shutdown.
For all regular orders placed after week commencing 16th December, it is difficult to guarantee pre-Christmas delivery. We do rely on national couriers to deliver to our customers and this process is normally completed within 48 hours of dispatch. Please note that couriers can experience slight delays due to the large influx of deliveries at this time of year.
We may rely on local works to supply or create certain items and this can, at times, cause unexpected delays which are outside of our control. Any potential delay will be advertised with an approximate lead time on our website. Failing this, our customer service team will be in touch at the earliest opportunity to advise any delays or alternatives that are immediately available.
All orders received after the 21st of December 2020 will be processed after the 2nd January 2021, including those with Next Day Delivery.
Our ‘Extended Returns’ policy ends on the 15th of January 2020. All items ordered from the 6th of November 2020 to the 15th of January 2021 are eligible. Any items purchased outside of that bracket will not be eligible for return under our Cancellation & Returns Policy. All returns made through the ‘Extended Returns’ promotion still adhere to our Cancellation & Returns Policy. This can be viewed in full here.
We are unable to price match any product listing against any new, previous or competitors’ price. Should the price be reduced due to web updates, collection discounts or other offers after purchase, we are not able to process partial refunds for any offer missed at the time of purchase.
We recommend all items are checked thoroughly before shipping on to a further destination. Additional packing materials may be required.